Accessing contacts when stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eleven7, Nov 17, 2009.

1. eleven7 macrumors regular

Last night I installed some apps from Cydia on my newly Jailbroken 3GS and managed to get it jammed up on the Apple Logo. I've tried using iRecovery and anything else I can find on the net but still no go after hours of trying. I'm probably just going to do a full recovery on iTunes but before I do, I really need a contact which I have added in the last week or so and that haven't been backed up.

Does anyone know or have any ideas on how I can access my phone thru usb so I can go in and copy my contact file through the terminal before I restore?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you have openssh installed prior to your iphones lockup?

3. eleven7 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I did, couldn't connect to it though :( No worries, I just decided to go ahead with the full iTunes restore. Lost some important data but one day without my phone was long enough :) Still wouldn't mind knowing in case it happens again though.

4. eleven7 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually...was this a suggestion that ssh might be responsible? I only ask now because after restoring my phone back to normal an JB'ing it this afternoon, I just installed openSSH and noticed my wifi wasn't working. I went to reset network connections to fix the problem and now I'm back stuck at the apple logo again?! Grrr :mad:

The first time I did the wifi fix (airplane mode/reset network settings), I didn't have openSSH installed and everything went fine. Last night I thought the wifi problem had come back so I tried the wifi fix again (by now ssh was installed) and that's when I got locked up on the apple logo for the first time.

Restoring now, will re-JB and try the wifi fix before I install openSSH to see if there is a connection and will post results.

5. eleven7 thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I was wrong before, it had nothing to do with openSSH :)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No I didnt know that SSH might have anything to do with the wifi or locking up issues.
    Let us know how it went.