Accessing DVD-ROM features on DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ehargett, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ehargett macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2008
    Please, bump this thread if it should go somewhere else..:)

OK, I run a MacBook 13in, OS 10.5.8 with the superdrive that came with the machine.
    Really, I'm not stupid, and I actually do successfully troubleshoot stuff usually..
    However, I am baffled as to why I can not access the DVD-ROM special features on my Disney DVD movie discs. (I actually installed Interactual Player for Mac thinking maybe I needed it, but I can't say it helped.)

I can play the movie, and my son can play the games, but their are printables on the disc that when I click on them it tells me to access these features, please, insert your disk into a DVD-ROM drive....:confused: OK, As many of you already know there is is only the one disc drive on this computer... I tried searching in the "folders" of the disc for any file format I thought would open in another application ( say a txt, doc, html, xml, etc) but none of those are the printable pages supposedly on the disc. I even tried to use my husband's PC (GASP!) but got the same answer.

Anyone know what I am talking about? Or have any suggestions on accessing these files?

Thanks everyone who takes a look at this and responds.

2. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2009
    South Australia
  3. ehargett thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2008
    No, I can't post the pic... I actually contacted Disney DVD Technical support, and they responded by telling me I would need to download The InterActual Player... which tells me that their tech department does NOT read their emails since I clearly stated that I downloaded that stinking software for BOTH the PC and Mac, and still had trouble.. o well.. I'm going to see what i can do with the software.. I will post what I find out.