Accessing DVD-ROM features on DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ehargett, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ehargett macrumors newbie

Please, bump this thread if it should go somewhere else..:)

OK, I run a MacBook 13in, OS 10.5.8 with the superdrive that came with the machine.
    Really, I'm not stupid, and I actually do successfully troubleshoot stuff usually..
    However, I am baffled as to why I can not access the DVD-ROM special features on my Disney DVD movie discs. (I actually installed Interactual Player for Mac thinking maybe I needed it, but I can't say it helped.)

I can play the movie, and my son can play the games, but their are printables on the disc that when I click on them it tells me to access these features, please, insert your disk into a DVD-ROM drive....:confused: OK, As many of you already know there is is only the one disc drive on this computer... I tried searching in the "folders" of the disc for any file format I thought would open in another application ( say a txt, doc, html, xml, etc) but none of those are the printable pages supposedly on the disc. I even tried to use my husband's PC (GASP!) but got the same answer.

Anyone know what I am talking about? Or have any suggestions on accessing these files?

Thanks everyone who takes a look at this and responds.

Elizabeth

2. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Xapphire13

3. ehargett thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I can't post the pic... I actually contacted Disney DVD Technical support, and they responded by telling me I would need to download The InterActual Player... which tells me that their tech department does NOT read their emails since I clearly stated that I downloaded that stinking software for BOTH the PC and Mac, and still had trouble.. o well.. I'm going to see what i can do with the software.. I will post what I find out.
    ~E