Accessing Files on Bricked iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Industry, May 19, 2012.

1. Industry macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I made a mistake of renaming a crucial daemon through SSH which restarted my phone and entered a boot loop. I haven't backed up my files and data in a while so I was hoping there is a way to access the bricked phone and rename the daemon back to its original name rather than restoring fresh firmware.

I have a program called flux installed that dims the screen at night to make it easier on the eyes. Since the screen is dim when it boots, there has to be some functionality remaining on the phone, but not enough for an easy connection (SSH server is down, for example, and the phone is not recognized in iFunBox or iRecovery).

Laying out all of the specs would probably be most helpful, so here goes
    iPhone 4s
    Firmware: 5.0.1
    Jailbreak: absinthe
    iTunes: 10.5.1

All of your help would be appreciated.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

May not work but you can try rebooting while depressing the volume up key and see if it goes into safe mode.
    Depending on what you corrupted, it may or may not work.

3. Industry thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, forgot to mention I tried that already. The reason the phone crashed was because I killed and stopped aosnotifyd from running. It wasn't a cydia / bad app error.

Don't ask me why. . . :facepalm:

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. Industry thread starter macrumors newbie

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

then in worse case go ahead and update. latest word is new jailbreak in very near future hopefully this week.. Oh and your iPhone isn't bricked. ;)

7. Industry thread starter macrumors newbie

It's been a while since synced and backed up my files. I would like to avoid restoring at all costs if that is possible in any way.