Accessing information on a backed up iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matt54987, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Matt54987 macrumors newbie

OK, here is the deal: I had an iPhone 3G which I backed up on my iMac when my iPhone 4 arrived last week. I put the backed up information from my 3G onto my iPhone 4, but Mail was freaking out saying I had 3 e-mails from 12/12/60 that I couldn't delete. I decided to do a clean install on my iPhone 4.

Now, I used to play World of Warcraft and had an authenticator on my 3G. I took a screen shot of the serial number but had no idea that I would get a new serial number when I re-downloaded it on my iPhone 4. Because of this, WoW will not send the code to the authenticator on my new iPhone. I'm currently re-installing WoW to make sure I wasn't hacked before canceling my subscription until Cataclysm.

My question is, how can I find the pictures from my backed up 3G phone? I really, really don't want to restore my iPhone 4 with my 3G backup if I don't have to. Calling Blizzard is an even bigger pain these days, so hopefully there is something I can do.

Thanks!

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Might want to just save you the effort and just backup to your 3G stuff... grab the authenticator code and enter it on Battle.net and deactivate the authenticator.

Then set the phone up as new and put the new authenticator code on there. Hopefully your Battle.net account is ok for the 30ish mins (or maybe longer?) it takes for the whole process to complete..