Accessing iPhoto from "browse" button

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Graygirl, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Graygirl macrumors newbie

When I want to attach a photo to an email, or when I want to upload a photo to Photobucket or Shutterfly, I don't seem to be able to get to my iPhoto library through the "Browse" button. I can get to Pictures in Finder, but not to iPhoto where nearly all of my photos reside. It's probably easy, but I can't figure it out. Any help?

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

When the browse window is open drag and drop a photo from iPhoto onto the location bar at the top of the browse window. It will locate the photo in your library for you!

3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

At the bottom of the lefthand sidebar in the browse pop-up, there's a section for Media. If you click on photos, it gives you access to iPhoto. This might be a Leopard-only feature.

4. Graygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, it must be a Leopard feature, because I sure can't find anything like that on my Tiger OS. I guess it's not as easy as I thought!

5. Graygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I don't know what you mean by the "browse window". On Shutterfly when I click on "Browse" it brings up the finder upload window and iPhoto is grayed out. Thanks for trying.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Export the image(s) out onto your desktop by going to the File menu with one or multiple images highlighted and then File Export. Or just drag them to the Desktop from within iPhoto and it'll make accessible copies available that you can trash after you're done.