Accessing Itunes Backup media without Itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ragingbull27, Jan 28, 2015.

1. ragingbull27 macrumors newbie

i,

I currently have a Macbook 2008 aluminum Intel Core 2 Duo running on OSX 10.5.8

I bought an Iphone 5s not too long ago and wanted to retrieve old photos that were backed up on my I tunes from my previous iPhone 4.

said my iTunes was old and needed to be updated. I went to update iTunes, but stated I had to update my software. I bought snow leopard from apple store, went to put in my dvd drive and dvd drive is broken.

I tried using the macbook air external USB superdrive to download snow leopard, but the macbook does not recognize the external superdrive.

So I went and tried downloading a few third party applications that let you access backups on iTunes BUT none of these applications work on OSX 10.5.8

So my question for everyone and anyone willing to help: is there any solution that you can offer me to access old files on my iphone and get them onto my current iphone 5s without having to replace the superdrive on my laptop? Will the macbook read other external dvd drives other than the USB Mac Airbook superdrive so I can update to snow leopard? Does anyone know of any old third party apps that are OSX 10.5.8 friendly that will let me access old photos from my iphone 4? maybe another way to download snow leopard without having to access my dvd drive? I know the location of the backup is in Library/Mobile Sync/Backup so anyone know of any programs that can actually view these files and place them onto my iphone 5s without having to try to update itunes?

2. jack1011 macrumors member

You can do this with iBackupBot and it's compatible with iOS 10.5