"Accessing iTunes Store" - STUCK

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JS29, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JS29 macrumors newbie

I have an iMac with the current version of iTunes running. There are 3 user accounts on the machine, mine (Admin), the wife, and son. iTunes works as it should for myself and my wife. My son's iTunes works fine except it won't access the iTunes store.

I have restarted iTunes, restarted the machine, deleted and reinstalled iTunes, and I can't solve the issue. Again, everything works just fine on all three accounts, except when trying to access the iTunes store on my son's account.

When I try to access the iTune store on my son's account, I get the "Accessing iTunes Store" message, then the swirly lines starts and then after a few minutes I get either an Error-4 or Error-50 message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. JS29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Turning off parental controls "solved" the issue. However, when parental controls were turned back on, the iTunes store was again, not accessible.

I hope the next version of iTunes fixes the problem. The parental controls are one of the best features of the Mac OS.

3. tratclif macrumors newbie

Is your son using Firefox 3 on his account? I've just had that happen to me for the second time (see this thread for a possible solution).