Accessing multiple hard drives on Windows 8 PC from MAC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sgadher, Feb 7, 2017.

1. sgadher macrumors member

Hi all,

I am able to connect to my Windows 8 PC via Finder>Go and can select user and access files saved on my Windows desktop. Problem is I have multiple hard drives within my Windows 8 PC and I can’t see them through the Finder, only the Boot hard drive. Am I doing something wrong on the MAC side or is it case of setting up the hard drives to be accessible from the Windows 8 PC?

For background I want to access my media files which are stored across multiple hard drives within a single Windows 8 PC. I’m the sole user and both MAC and PC are connected on the same LAN. I simply want to copy over stored media files from multiple hard drives on Windows 8 to my MAC.

Hoping you guys can help, thanks in advance.

S

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

You need to configure each external HDD for "Advanced Sharing" in Windows, after that the drives should automatically appear any time you connect to the computer.. This guide INCLUDES the "how to" portion of implementing things... http://www.howtogeek.com/school/windows-network-sharing/lesson9/all/

FYI this typically applies to sharing external drives between Windows PCs as well