accessing my cameras pictures through finder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by insan56, Dec 9, 2007.

1. insan56 macrumors member

i want to put a few pictures back onto my cameras memory chip that i have on my computer how can i do this?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

What camera do you have?

If your camera/memory card it attached via USB, does it show up as a removable disk on your desktop?

3. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Drag and drop the pics back to the sd card. It should show up like a flash stick.

4. insan56 thread starter macrumors member

i have a Canon SD1000 and when i plug it in only iPhoto shows thats its connected there is no image created on my desktop

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

All Canons in the last few years use a method for file transfer that means they do not show up as removable disks. You need to use a memory card reader...

6. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

If Bluetooth is supported on your camera, setup your Mac and camera to talk to each other wirelessly. People forget Bluetooth is bi-directional so you can "browse" each device independently and put/send files between each. Just another way of doing it, slower than Firewire, but it's an idea.

-jim

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That depends on the device: it has to implement the correct profile. Even if the device has flash storage there is no guarantee that this is possible: see the iPhone for example...