Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Forbidden Era

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Mac Pro 3,1

I have a RAID card based of a Marvel 97xx (startech 2 port) ..

when booting windows, it shows the option rom and the key command to get into it.. but it isn't seeming to respond.. tried two diff keyboards (both wired) with no luck a bunch of times..

any idea? is it possible to access option rom menus like this or are we locked out?

would be nice to enable it's mirroring option

cococheaf

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2018
Austria - Lake of Constance
you can't open any option rom on mac pros. what you can do is get the appropriate software (which i think marvel should have for their controllers) and configure it under windows. my two cent's: dont enable the mirror on marvel controllers unless the have the newest firmware installed, the tend to have bitrot when mirroring with older firmware versions.

lnx64

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2019
I know this is a bit late, but I did want to state that it's not entirely true, because I have a J-Micron SATA controller in my MP3,1, and you most certainly can access the option ROM's BIOS page---sometimes. Sometimes it lets you in, sometimes it doesn't. Seems to let you in mostly if you reboot the machine back into Windows, vs a cold boot (The difference is during the cold boot, the keyboard nor my trackball appear to be initialized but on a warm boot they are.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.