Accessing OSX Folder in Windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Siron, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I have XP and Vista 64 on separate hard drives. If I run XP in Parallels I can access my folders on the OSX drive but when running XP in BC I cannot see the OSX drive (but I can see the Vista drive).
    Is there any way I can access my files on the OSX drive from XP running in BC?

2. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

In a virtual machine, you can access your OSX stuff because you can do virtual networking between the two "computers." In bootcamp, the OSX "computer" is not turned on and connected to a network. Therefore, you cannot access the OSX HDD via network sharing like you can in a virtual machine.

Windows does not read nor write to HFS+ filesystems by default. There might be some programs that allow windows to do this, but as far as I know, windows cannot read or write (basically "see") the filesystems of other operating systems (because of course windows is the only OS in the world :rolleyes:)

3. Siron thread starter macrumors 6502

Siron

I'm surprised that VISTA doesn't even see the OSX disc. I would have thought that as it sees the XP disc it would see the OSX disc even though it wouldn't recognize the file structure.