accessing osx hd in windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seals, Apr 6, 2008.

1. seals macrumors newbie

how can i accss my osx hard disk in vista guys? whe not in fusion or paralles but bootcamp.

and how do i change the name of my windows hd drive in osx? it'sreading untiltled and i want it to say vista.

cool

seals

2. Gatorman macrumors regular

To read from the windows side, there's a program called Macdrive. Its not free, but is a great program. I've tried the demo and considering buying it.

Do be careful, though. If you use this, any problems you get on your windows partiton can effect the mac side, thus creating potential problems.

As for naming your vista partiton, you'll need your mac to be able to read ntfs partitons, which is specific to windows. Macs don't format in that way. Thus, there are a few option. You can try yourself (depending on how well your computer skills are) and use something free like Macfuse or NTFS-3G or you can pay for a program called paragon (they have a demo,too) which also works really well.

Hope this helps

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

To rename your drive boot into Vista >my computer>right click on your primary drive > rename >reboot into OS X > Voila

4. seals thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Saliwa macrumors member

You need to install/configure samba on your mac and enable file sharing.