Accessing port settings

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Eagleburger, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Eagleburger macrumors newbie

My son has just bought a new game which requires us to add new port forwarding settings.

When I go to add (or even amend existing) settings in Airport Utility 7.64 (using OS 10.9) it just gives me the error 'beep' and won't let me in.

Can anyone please advise how I can get round this? My 15 year old son will be most grateful!

Screenshot attached

Thanks very much

Julian

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You need to add an entry at the top there for DHCP reservations.

Go to System Preferences and for whatever connection you are using (wifi or ethernet) look in the advanced tab under hardware and copy down the MAC address for that network interface.

It will look something like this >> 3c:15:c2:e8:bg:5a

Now go back to Airport Utility and click the plus by DHCP reservations and make a new entry and add that MAC address with the IP 192.168.1.2 and name it then add the entry.

Now go back to your port forward settings at the bottom and add 192.168.1.2 where it says private IP address. Plus add whatever port forward entires you need for the game.

Then click update. That will restart the router and give your Mac the IP 192.168.1.2 and should open those ports if you configured the second screen properly.

3. Eagleburger thread starter macrumors newbie

Success!

Thanks very much for this - fantastic. It didn't work at first but after I increased my minimum DHCP range from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 it did.

You've made my son very happy! Thanks.

Julian

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Good deal. Glad he is fixed up. :)