Accessing Windows Network Drive from VM XP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pallab, Aug 8, 2009.

1. pallab macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I am new in MAC but learning so fast i guess ;). My problem is i am using parallel desktop and installed windos xp(VM) in that mac. Now when i open the parallel desktop and activate windows xp from that windows xp(VM) i can not go in other windows network shared drive like \\10.x.x.x. If i search other network from Network search option i dont get any. but from my iMAC i can go in any windows shared network drive easily.
    Is there any way i can browse and go other network from my xp os(which is virtual os in mac) as i need to install some network based software in that xp(VM) of the iMAC.:confused:

My Network is like this: only 2 Mac system and more windows xp system with AD and F&P Server.

Thanks in Advance

2. pallab thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

Hi, i have solved it myself. I added that virtual xp to the same domain as other computers and now i can access our shared folders and file and print server as well by typing \\x.x.x.x. So if the virtual xp is not under same domain it can not access file and print server and gets error message as 'you dont have permission ...'.