accessing work's citrix applications from home mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AJWard549, Feb 4, 2011.

1. AJWard549 macrumors newbie

Is this possible? I work in health care, and would like to be able to access my clinic's web-based electronic medical record system from home without lugging my work laptop home to do it. So far, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to set this up at home, any suggestions?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes. You need to download the Citrix ICA Client, I am on version 10.00.600. It is possible there was something newer but this works and since I find that some installs are more of a PITA than others, I don't screw with it.

Next, you can use firefox, chrome, or safari. I use Firefox because it will auto-launch the ica file that is downloaded. I'm certain Chrome will too, but I also only use FF for work (for the most part) so I always manage to keep things organized. I also use it in another space so I have a dedicated desktop (per se) for work.

Then all you need is your work's external site link. Mine requires an RSA token key code (it's another level of security) and I venture to guess in the medical field you have similar security.

PM me if you're having issues, I will do my best to help.