Accessories: Bag, Mouse, Protective Case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by farmerku, May 11, 2008.

1. farmerku macrumors regular

farmerku

It's pretty sad that I don't have the money yet to get a macbook but I'm already looking into what accessories I want...

I wondered if anyone knew of a place to get a good looking/functional laptop bag...

I do like this mouse- http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3271&cl=us,en

And I have looked a little bit into the plastic case that goes on the book?

Any suggestions or thoughts?

2. asme macrumors regular

A plastic case is useless. It will make scratches of its own and will impede heat dissipation, which will form cracks on the bottom case.

It'll also make everyone think you're an obsessive-compulsive.

For a laptop case, a nice affordable case I've been using for a year is the Sumdex Passage case. It fits my 13.3" Macbook perfectly, and it's really nice.

My favorite mouse ever has been the Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse 1.1A. They make a wireless version of it I believe.

3. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I think the best looking laptop bag is the Incase Canvas Vertical Sling:

[​IMG]

And if you want a hard plastic case, stay away from the Speck SeeThru, the Incase Hardshell is the best:

[​IMG]

As for the best laptop mouse, the Logitech VX Nano is the best one.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yes, the Incase Hardshell is amazing. I bought one the same day I bought my MacBook and I love it.

5. farmerku thread starter macrumors regular

farmerku

6. asme macrumors regular

7. TomsMacBook macrumors 6502

I fully agree with this. I bought one at the same time as my MacBook, and it's dead annoying. Easily scratched, hard to remove, and it gets mighty hot.

Stay away, honest.

8. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I do think plastic cases are a little overkill. You see the scratches on the case the same way you would the Macbook...unless you're planning on selling it later, I don't get the point. Maybe that's just me.