Accessories compatible with iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tofagerl, Aug 8, 2016.

1. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I'm about to buy my first iPhone for many years, and I'm currently shopping for accessories. However, I think I'm going to get a 7, so I'd like to know if the stuff I'm looking at will be compatible with iPhone 7.

Also, if it isn't, how long after launch will the major brands have iPhone 7 accessories in stores? I know they have a bit of warning from Apple before launch, but is it available day one?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Things like cases can be available but I doubt it. Dimensions and movement of switches and buttons not to mention the new camera can move.

Apple is you best bet for a day one case, they will have the leather one in different colors.

3. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I hate that one. I'm picky. And if I buy a phone without getting a glass screen protector it will jump out of the box and break itself...

4. comptr macrumors 65816

Well generally Best Buy will stock the Zagg Screen Protectors on Day 1 so that would cover the screen protector and they will have some cases too.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

There will probably be cases available right at launch based on leaked specifications. Of course, leaked specs aren't necessarily accurate, but some case makers will roll the dice just to be first out the gate.

Buyer beware.

6. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I'm not in the US, so I will have to buy locally.

7. HEK, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I'm picky, and I love my leather Apple case. Go figure.

Perhaps you should wait a month or two before buying the phone. By then confirmed accessories should be available.

You do realize we can only guess, as phone has not even been released. It's bad enough trying to figure out what Apple will do based only on rumors. Figuring what third party companies may or may not have that works, well.....caviet emptor

8. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Of course, I'm just looking at what's available now in order to decide what to get when the new phone comes out. Hopefully the same brands will make the same models in the new shapes.

9. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

The frenzy is picking up. Everyone starting to chomp at the bit.....or is that byte.

10. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

64 gigabytes, hopefully not 100 usd over the 32gb model...

11. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Wait for the actual device to be released and then decide whatever you want to do. Don't waste your time looking for accessories when the device itself has not been released.

12. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Why would you think that's a waste of time? I'm tired of buying cheap poor cases, and I want to know that the case I buy will last. If I get a case on release day, how the hell am I supposed to know how long it lasts?

13. akash.nu, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016

akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Go with any of the well known case manufacturers like otter box or Incase. You'll be more than happy or buy an Apple case.

14. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

15. Appleaker macrumors 68000

Where do you live? There may be some cases on eBay. As for the screen protector, I think existing ones will work although there are rumors of an enlarged earpiece so it's best to wait.

16. comptr macrumors 65816

17. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

this. if you buy from anyone other than apple on day one, you may get something "close enough". Just wait, then you'll get something right.

Nobody really needs a iPhone on day one, except maybe a case maker.

YEA I SAID IT

18. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Usually case companies make the same cases for different phones. The 7 wouldn't be an exception. I've already seen some cases for the 7 from Spigen floating around on eBay.

Can't wait to see the new cases from UAG, Spigen, Caseology, Ringke, etc.

19. tofagerl, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016

tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I don't need it on day one any more than anyone else, but I HATE my current phone. Not as in love-hate, but as in "I will burn you in the fires of Mount Doom!" hate.

Anyway, I took a wild stab that the front of the plus version would stay the same yet again and ordered a "3d" glass protector. Incidentally, I know why they call it 3d, but that still doesn't make it right. What the hell is wrong with curved?
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011HY5BS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered a cheap plastic case for the back and sides. I didn't want to spend too much on this because I might have to carve out a bigger hole for the phone, or throw it away if it doesn't fit at all.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B015BHBYEM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And finally I bought a QI charging thingy for it. Rumors say wireless charging will come next year, but I've been using a Samsung S6, and the ONE THING I like about it is being able to just put it down on my desk and know it will charge.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FM2MODG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And then I bought this stick-on kickstand because I have a Spigen case for my S6, and while I don't like the case due to the thickness, I really like having a kickstand - I didn't realize how useful it was until I had one.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HP15P60/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And finally, because when I buy from Amazon I have to pay shipping, reshipping, customs fees and norwegian sales tax on everything, I bought these because they're awesome and I just bought the one last time:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QUHO3LE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

....and those aren't released by Apple until well after the first day of sales.

21. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

The good ol' GD Smith Ice Max screen protector. It's good stuff. Let us know how installation goes.

22. comptr macrumors 65816

23. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm assuming screen protectors for the 6/6s/6+/6s+ will work with the 7. Front panel design is very similar.

24. tofagerl thread starter macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Is it hard to install? I actually assumed it would be easer to align since I'm used to protectors that only cover 80-90% of the screen.

25. zack fly macrumors member

You can buy the lightning cable first:D According to some report, iphone 7 will not come with earphone. A big change.