Accessories for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mojo pin, Sep 4, 2012.

1. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

I apologize in advance if this is kind of a common-sense question but I'm brand-new to the iPhone and this is the first release I've ever followed. I'm wondering when accessories for the new iPhones usually come out in relation to when the actual phone is released? I know there hasn't been much change in screen and phone size over the years, so accessories could be used from year to year. But this time it's different! And I seem to have the bad habit of waiting too long to buy things like screen protectors and cases after I buy a new phone, so by the time I finally do it's already got scuffs and scratches. This time I want to plan ahead and hopefully have a case and screen protector before I get the phone, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any help! (Also, I apologize if this belongs in the Accessories forum. I just thought that since this is a phone that isn't actually released yet, I should maybe put it here. Mods, feel free to move it if needed!)

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Apple might release a bumper but other than that it will be a waiting game for 3rd party accessories.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

If past iPhone launches are any indication, a limited amount of cases and screen protectors should be available on launch day.

Basically, there will be enough to get by until accessory manufacturers ramp up production.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

It will be interesting to see how long it takes manufacturers to handle the new dock connector... I was thinking about buying a new battery powered speaker setup for my phone this summer, and even though the Bluetooth ones would still work fine, I figured there was no sense buying an physically incompatible unit. No charging connection, if nothing else...

Clint

5. julietcc macrumors member

This is my first iphone also coming from a crappy Touch Pro 2. So no advice. I swear I'll keep mine in a sock until I get a screen protector and case!