Accessories for macbook and imac $200-400

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dgpaulk, Nov 2, 2008.

1. dgpaulk macrumors newbie

I have recently done some work for a coworker and he has offered to buy me something as a gift for the work that I have done. He has graciously offered to get me something between $200-400 the caveat being that it has to come from a brick and mortar store such as best buy as he is older and has a fear of buying off of the internet. I own a blackbook and a imac and would like to get some sort of accessory to go with my macs. Currently I am thinking about getting a 500gb time capsule but am looking for other suggestions as to what I could get. Thanks in advance.

2. Malivar macrumors member

If you want some good speakers, then maybe Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II?
    And I've heard the Seagate FreeAgent is a really good backup drive. (The Mac version of the drive) Either way, if you like what I've suggested research them to see if they live up to your standards.

3. bunit macrumors regular

bunit

The time capsule would be a great gift. I am considering getting one also.:apple:

4. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

If you don't have a backup drive, yes, the external hard drives are a great choice. Since you have a MacBook Pro and iMac. I would recommend a big external hard drive. Does it have to be Time Capsule? No.
    The good things about the Time Capsule is... that it looks great with your Macs, networked hard drive, USB ports and doubles as a wireless router.
    Do you have an Apple Airport Access Point already? If you don't, you might not want this, because you can only use the Airports as an wireless expansion if you have an Apple Airport Access Point. Do you need a wireless back up drive? In my opinion, I don't really need one, because it's a little slower than USB and Firewire. If you are planning on using it for direct connection, I don't really think it's worth it.
    Anyways, I think external hard drives are important for computers. If you really want one, I hope this helps you on your decision.