Accessories for Macbook Pro 17" Essentials??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nutsnbolts, Oct 12, 2009.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

What I mean by essentials are things to get for my MacBook Pro that I should definitely get now. Obviously, I would get a sleeve and possible bag for it but anything specific that is a definite buy.

I am getting a 24" monitor to go with this as well so I am obviously planning on purchasing the keyboard and mouse and one of the writing pads like Bamboo.

Other than that I don't know what else is there to purchase.

I was thinking of actually getting one of those crystal like cases that can get scratch'd up instead of my macbook pro to protect from normal wear and tear.

Anyone can suggest anything of the "essentials" accessories?

2. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

Moshi ClearGuard keyboard protector is a must! It's awesome.

3. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I too plan on getting a MBP and 24" LED display.

Same as you, keyboard and mouse. But I also plan on getting the mStand http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html so it is lifted off of the desk.

Another thing, which I am doing my research on....is finding a 3.5mm audio to USB adaptor so that I can plug my speakers into a usb adaptor, in turn plug it into the display, so I do not have to constantly plug, and unplug the audio jack.

Other then that, thats it! hope it helps

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use the iSkin keyboard cover, Incase Hard Shell. Any specific wants?

5. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

Logitech wireless keyboard and stand
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Alto...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1255392356&sr=1-1-fkmr1

The keys work with OSX, even the shortcuts too. It just needs a fan at the stand, but w/e. Plug and play! Wish it also came with a wireless mouse and its receiver builtin so all you'd need to use is 1 usb to the macbook. Comes with extra usb ports on the stand too!

Bodyguardz clear FULL cover
    http://www.lookingdeals.com/quality...otector-for-apple-macbook-pro-17-unibody.html
    Best price, best look, easiest install. Take it from me, I've tried invisibleshield and the like, and nothing is better, easier, and cleaner than this.

Everything I've mentioned I've personally bought and owned and used for quite some time. I'd recommend them to any1 going for the 17'' mbp.

6. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

That's cool. I saw another stand I think made by kensington which is supposedly as good but not as cool looking as this mstand.

This definitely helps.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

8. sesshin macrumors newbie

iLap, for me, is essential

I also have the Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector and, while it doesn't fit too too snuggly, its invaluable for keeping dust, debris and muck out of the keyboard

the Moshi Palm Rest is nice also in that its almost indestructible and I've seen a lot of laptops take abuse in that area.

Other than that, a neoprene sleeve is nice for on the go! Some people like the overall film protection or a hard shell case for protection, but personally I like the way the smooth, satin finish of the unibody looks naturally and don't want to cover that up

9. jjwhite macrumors newbie

I disagree about the knock-off Invisible Shield. Spend the money and buy the real Invisible Shied. It's a pain to put on but they WILL replace it if you damage it at anytime.

I also recommend either a Brenthaven or Tom Bihn case and an OEM Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse kit.