Accessories question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MattSorkinNyC, Sep 20, 2012.

1. MattSorkinNyC macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

Will it be impossible to walk into any of these stores tomorrow (apple,att&t,verizon,sprint,radioshack,bextbuy etc) and buy a case and one of those lightning cables? Most of these stores will have plenty of stock in this category right? I pre ordered and will have mine tomorrow. I guess the benefit is that i have each one of those stores all 10 mins from me. I just don't know how well stocked they will be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GA Support macrumors member

Umm... Let me check my appleattverizonsprintradioshackbestbuy inventory system....

hmm..

Yes looks like they are in stock!!

haha jk jk jk jk :p

I am sure one of the stores will have what you are looking for. No Problemo!

3. JoshObra, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

JoshObra macrumors regular

I went to Target yesterday and today, plus I went to Walmart a couple hours ago with no iPhone 5 case in sight.

But there are a few threads that mentioned that they either have them in stock already (both Target and Walmart) or they will have them up by tomorrow (or so).

So odds are pretty good that you'll find a case tomorrow, as long as the other 3 million people who gets the phone tomorrow doesn't need cases too.

4. GA Support macrumors member

I would recommend to you that you buy the case online. You will save money and have boatloads of options. If you are adamant about buying in a store then yes you will need to do some digging as many others will be looking too just find something that you truly like cause itll be on there for awhile!!!

You said "IPhone4"

You meant IPhone5 right?

5. JoshObra macrumors regular

Whoops, typo. Thanks catching it!

The only one I'm looking for is the Belkin View case and I'm hoping they would be in stores tomorrow, even though it's not even sold online yet.

Yeah, I could totally imagine that after 3PM that there will be masses of people at the stores looking for cases. I would go in the morning but heck I can't wake up early enough plus I might miss the UPS while i'm gone.

6. GA Support macrumors member

There are many many many many many case places. Just please this is my expert opinion and many years dealing with IPhones and cases. DO NOT PUT A HARD PLASTIC SHELL CASE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use soft rubber, Gel, Cases that have something that seperates the hard plastic from it.. like a felt padding etc. Just no hard plastic to IPhone contact please, thank you and your welcome :)

7. JoshObra macrumors regular

You know what... I really have to agree with you. My iPhone 4s uses the Incase Slider Pro (for the sake of docking easily) and today I throughly cleaned and inspected the phone (I'm handing it down to someone right when the iP5 comes to my doorstep) and noticed very fine line scratches on the bottom side corners of the phone from what I guess taking the bottom part of the case on and off constantly. And you've guessed it, caused by the hard plastic because theres no felt on that part of the case plus the fine grains of debris collected over the past year. Luckily it's not noticeable unless put under direct light and upon close inspection.

The reason why I went for the Belkin View is because, well, the back view of the black iPhone! I'm somehow fascinated to show off the back side of the phone, hence why I've been searching for a clear case.

Now I kindly ask, what would you suggest for a clear case then? :)

PS: Sorry for the long post, lol.

8. GA Support macrumors member

aha! Nice try I cannot promote my product :p

you can google away whatever you want there are many options!! If you are actualy looking for a clear "case" you may have some difficulties which is why alot of people resort to bumpers. When you engineer something to be clear it really eliminates alot of the materials you can use to create it out of. Sooo yeah... just google clear IPhone5 case and do some digging... something is bound to turn up.

----------

Also what is your budget?

9. MattSorkinNyC thread starter macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

Lol thanks you even amused me :D. Shouldn't be an epic journey considering I can buy an accessory at one of those places instead of a phone. Going with the otterbox defender again as my 3gs looks new to this day almost 3 years later.

10. GA Support macrumors member

I want a waterproof case! I am getting into scuba diving... That would be awesome to take it underwater....

I know otterbox used to make waterproof ones..

11. MattSorkinNyC thread starter macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

When do the LifeProof cases come out?

12. GA Support macrumors member

I saw one in bestbuy yesterday... It did not confirm if it was IPhone5 or 4... I stared right at it for like 15 seconds too!!! :confused:

13. MattSorkinNyC thread starter macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

Damn you should have scooped it. I didn't even bother go looking for a case today i thought i would get the "not on sale till tom" or " well have it tom morning". Whatever ill just go right after the morning bumrush concludes.