Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I don't get my order right now. The keyboard dock just shipped (said that it was going to ship on the 15) which is good but my case still has not shipped and that was said to ship by tommorow (ordered 5:38am on 12/3). Think I should call up Apple and see what's going on?

Edit: Forgot to say that the tracking number isn't working yet (it's a UPS one) and the case is supposedly prepared for shipment.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Received shipment notification for Apple Case

I received this email from our good friend is Cupertino:

We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items has shipped. Please see the details of the shipment below. If you ordered more than one item, they may ship separately.
- The Apple Store

It is being shipped Fedex Ground.

dbell

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
Just got my shipment notification for my case. The email from Apple says it'll be delivered by the 12th. My FedEx tracking number says it'll be here tomorrow. :\

Same here, FedEx tracking shows it in transit with a delivery time of 4/3.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Maybe it's a geographic thing then? I'm way down in Florida. Are you closer to... well... I don't know where. Where are you located?

I can't speak for him, but I'm in Birmingham, Alabama.

I suspect our est delivery dates will be updated later tonight with something middle to late next week. I'm just guessing though.

Edit to add: Roll Tide btw. ;)

mbsaeger

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
My Dock Shipped = Delivers on the 6th
Case NOT Shipped = Delivers on the 20th.... :|

CVC

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Southern California
My docked shipped with delivery on the 6th. It was sent 2 day service. FedEx says it left their facility in Ontario California today and is in transit. I live two hours away in San Diego, it will be down here tonight.

Will they deliver it on Monday or will they do Saturday delivery for 2 day service? I doubt it will be delivered on Tuesday, once it leaves their facility in Ontario, I will get it the next delivery day. With UPS I usually get the package the day they say it will arrive. With FedEx I usually get them one or two days early.

By the way, I paid for expidited delivery, hoping to get the accessories sooner, and they refunded the full amount.

ToutSuite

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
Does this indicate the cases will be in Apple stores tomorrow? I'd prefer just picking one up there.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Well my keyboard dock still isn't showing up under UPS tracking but Apple says it will deliver by the 6th. My case's tracking number is showing up in Fedex. Apple says I will have it by the 12th (which is dumb as I ordered it at 5:38am on 12/3) but Fedex says I will get it by the 6th. I sure hope Fedex is right.

azboricua

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Arizona
I just received my tracking number for my case, ordered on day 1 with my 16GB WIFI iPad. Just says Billing Information Received. Being shipped UPS GROUND, I just dont know where from though.

gibjer

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2003
OK, I now have all my tracking numbers

- VGA Adapter
- Dock (No Keyboard)
- Case

All saying shipped today DHL GlobalMail (probably because I shipped to a business address)

sonofpismo

macrumors regular
May 20, 2002
Orlando, Florida
Hard to believe some cases will be delivered tomorrow as well... makes me wish I had paid for priority. It was the first time I didn't!

I ordered my accessories separately, 2-minutes after I ordered my iPad.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hard to believe some cases will be delivered tomorrow as well... makes me wish I had paid for priority. It was the first time I didn't!

I ordered my accessories separately, 2-minutes after I ordered my iPad.
Ahhh... so since you ordered them separately, I guess you could have added the rushed shipping. You have several Apple stores around. Have you thought about running out to one for a case later in the day?

sonofpismo

macrumors regular
May 20, 2002
Orlando, Florida
Ahhh... so since you ordered them separately, I guess you could have added the rushed shipping. You have several Apple stores around. Have you thought about running out to one for a case later in the day?

I was thinking about hitting up my Best Buy... my Apple Stores will be packed. But, I think I will use the iPad at home sans the case, and I don't go back into work until Tuesday, and will have the case by then. If I am up and really bored, which I will likely be, I might venture out in the morning for a case.

UPS is notorious for coming very late, as I live near the hub. I am usually their last stop before heading in for the night. FedEx on the other hand, is always here by 1pm.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Ok so I think I've gotten to the bottom of it. My case shipped from Olive Branch MS, and thus will arrive tomorrow according to Fed Ex status.

Wow... they must have a bunch of Distribution centers across the US or something.

Scratch that -- it shipped from Memphis and arrived in Olive Branch.

My dang Ipad hasn't budged from KY though.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Ok so I think I've gotten to the bottom of it. My case shipped from Olive Branch MS, and thus will arrive tomorrow according to Fed Ex status.

Wow... they must have a bunch of Distribution centers across the US or something.
Mine appears to be coming from the FedEx hub in Memphis. That's a long drive down I-75.

Like the other poster, I'll be around the house for the most part anyway, until the case actually arrives. So... no big deal.

I'd kind of like the dock now. C'est la vie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.