Accessory Connected Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by skullface, Dec 27, 2008.

1. skullface macrumors newbie

Is there any way that I can navigate through my music while my iTouch is connected to my car radio? The radio that I have only allows me to navigate through the radio that I have, but it is really slow and annoying. I can navigate through anything else while it is connected except music, photos, and videos.

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

3. skullface thread starter macrumors newbie

No I do that but when I click on music it goes back to
    The splash screen

4. beeh macrumors regular

It depends on how the radio works. If it puts the Touch in accessory mode every time it is connected to the radio then you probably won't be able to use the Touch while it is connected to the radio ( you will only be able to navigate the Touch music via the radio controls ). But if the radio only puts the Touch in accessory mode when the Touch is selected as the audio input source, then you should be able to select AM/FM/CD ( or whatever ) as the audio source and then navigate your Touch. Although the radios I have seen with iPod controls keep the iPod in accessory mode always. This could just be an Apple firmware issue and not the radio manufacturer's fault...wouldn't be the first time we've seen that.

5. skullface thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea it keeps it in accessory mode. There's nothing I can do though to keep it from going into accessory mode? Or maybe eliminate the fact that it goes into splash screen?