Accessory not compatible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foreverandalway, Aug 9, 2015.

1. foreverandalway macrumors member

I have an iPhone 5 that won't charge. I tried everything from Apple chargers to store bought one's that are not Apple and charging cases. I get the whole "accessories not compatable" message.

My phone ran out of battery yesterday when I tried all the Chargers and this morning I plugged in an apple charger and it started charging. I stupidly pulled it out after it got to 100% and it won't charge anymore. The battery runs out quickly so I've got like 6 hours not using it unless necessary before it's dead.

The earliest Apple genius bar appointment is on Wednesday.

Any idea what it could be/how to fix it? I did a quick google search and some suggested it's lint inside the charging port but I ran a swiffer pad inside it and nothing came off on it.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You put a swifter pad inside the lightning charging port of the iPhone 5?
    How?

3. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

It could be because of a faulty battery. It could affect the Lightning connector. They might be able to replace it because just yesterday I heard someone had and iPhone 5 for a battery problem. When the genius saw it he had noticed a backlight issue. Which could've been caused from the battery he said. Then they replaced the phone. They weren't even there for 15 min. But it could be a different story for you. Good Luck!