Accidental Damage with AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iRyu, Jul 6, 2012.

1. iRyu macrumors regular

So, i decided to buy a rMBP. I'm thinking whether I should buy AppleCare or not. I'm kinda careless person, easily paranoid when holding something expensive.

Anyone experience accidental damage with AppleCare? I wanna listen some of your story. how it go through.

2. simsaladimbamba

AppleCare DOES NOT cover accidental damage, for that you have to get something else.

3. iRyu thread starter macrumors regular

but does anyone have their unit replaced or fix for free ?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not for accidental damage, only manufacturer defects, etc.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You'll need something squaretrade which is insurance for accidental damage

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

:confused::confused:

7. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

AppleCare definitely have the authority to issue an exception to the warranty but it is not dependent upon the purchase of APP. Get insurance you klutz.

8. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

^This, your statement seems to contradict itself.

You're either a careless person, dropping things all the time, or you're the kind of person paranoid about safety for expensive stuff so you handle expensive things with care meaning, you're more carefull with your macbook. You can't be both.

9. markp99 macrumors member

We added a rider to our homeowners insurance policy to cover 2 MBP and one MBA. Covers Theft, Loss, Damage. $38/yr $50 deductible.

No brainer, especially with our son travelling across Europe this summer, staying in random Hostels along the way (some nice, some not so nice ;))

10. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

Sometimes the cost to make a claim on house/contents insurance can be quite high, like ~$500, but generally yeah it's a great move (I've got it).

11. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Under Applecare

If its a defect, its free repair.

Replacement : Depends on the issue. Generally they will fix most of them, if though the same unit experiences a number of defects during the course of Applecare warranty, I have head of people being offered a brand new unit/model.

Expect to get it fixed though.

Accidental damage : No cover, and depending on what you do, you might stuff up your Applecare, as when Apple lock into it, and think the damage you did contributed to whatever issue your having your not covered.

It no different from Car Warranty. Not covered when you smash into someone. You need insurance.