Accidental spill on Macbook Pro -Apple cost

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sabriski, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Sabriski macrumors newbie

Yep, I've accidentally spilt a small amount of coffee onto my Macbook Pro and I've only had it for 3 months! I realise that my warranty is probably now void though I think it will be worth having Apple clean it up as it is so new. Does anyone know of the approx cost for this? (UK)

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Honestly, I hope you have home contents insurance that might cover it if you want the warranty to be valid still. ( assuming liquid detection indicators gone off and liquid evidence is obvious inside, depends just how small an amount it was )

Apple will probably charge for a new top case/battery/logicboard, which depending on system could well be £700+ if it's 15" retina dgpu as they won't clean and certify, they'll only replace parts.

3. Sabriski thread starter macrumors newbie

I will have to check my contents insurance I think it is covered. ut it does still work. I am more worried about what happens in the future.

4. Sabriski thread starter macrumors newbie

And yes it is a 15" retina so perhaps I should go down the insurance route

5. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

if it still works fine, insurance probably won't immiedietly be the route want to go down, but if it develops any problem down line it would be.