Accidental square mode photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SpeQ, Feb 26, 2014.

1. SpeQ macrumors newbie

I’m doing some Photoshop work for a friend who took pics with an iPhone. They accidentally switched to “square mode” and ended up with some pics that are square. The pics are also different resolutions - some are 1936 X 2592 and some are 480 X 480, while others are 480 X 640. All pics were taken within a few minutes of each other, and the user isn’t aware of making any changes between pics.

My question is whether there are raw hi-res rectangular images stored somewhere on the phone the user may not be aware of?

I’ve never used an iPhone, or iOS, but I’ve been a Mac desktop user since '90-something. The user is kind of difficult to communicate with. Any help would be appreciated!

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well it's been two days, hope you still need an answer. Assuming the user is using iOS7, when they open the camera, by default it's in 4:3 mode. But if they swipe right, it switches to square mode.

As for the resolution difference, if they open the camera from the springboard, it will be full res. If they open the camera from within an app, it reduces to low res mode. And unfortunately no, there isn't a full res version of it still saved anywhere on the phone.

3. SpeQ thread starter macrumors newbie

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T