Accidental warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Jan 7, 2014.

  1. marc55 macrumors 6502a


    Oct 14, 2011
    Since Apple doesn't offer an accidental warranty, have any of you guys found a good accidental warranty?

    I would still have AppleCare, but an accidental warranty might be a nice addition.
  2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

    Mar 4, 2013
    Contact your homeowner's insurance to see if you can take out a personal items policy (at least that's what State Farm calls it). You'll need a copy of the receipt and the serial number. Mine costs about $35/year. You could put it under your regular homeowner's insurance, but if you had to file a claim, your rate would likely increase.
  3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

    Apr 23, 2011
    GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
    Perhaps your credit/charge card company may cover it at a small cost (usually in the form of annual fees).

    I know it's part of my American Express benefits.
  4. teerexx52 macrumors 68000


    May 1, 2005
    Florida West Coast
    I use State Farm for accidental and theft. Very reasonable
  5. NativeTxn macrumors regular

    Feb 11, 2013
    Also, if it is under your regular homeowners, in addition to the potential of increased premiums, you would have the pay the regular deductible, whatever that might be in your case. When I got a $4,000 personal articles policy (that's what Texas Farm Bureau calls it), I think it runs about $28 or $29/year and it has a $100 deductible per claim.

    But if you file under the PAP, even if the deductible might be a bit higher, you don't run the risk of your main HOI premiums increasing, or the risk that your insurance company might drop you if you have too many claims on the main HOI policy in a certain period of time.

Share This Page