accidentally added ios 13 beta to my appletv 4k

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by atlchamp, Jul 19, 2019.

1. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

Hey guys my apple tv 4k had beta ios 13 installed on there..how do I remove it??? this is a nightmare I cant get rid of it..please help

2. waw74, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019

waw74 macrumors 68040

why is it a nightmare?

I also accidentally installed it. I didn't realize that tvOS only has one beta, unlike iOS which is a different beta program for each major version. and forgot that I had beta updates turned on. So woke up one morning and found I had tvOS 13.

It's been fairly stable for me so far. and there's a new version out yesterday, so maybe that will fix whatever problem you have

a quick search for "downgrade tvOS beta" and it seems that you can't downgrade the 4k, since it has no USB port

3. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, at this time, it isn't possible to downgrade a 4K model. You'll just have to wait for the GM release, then turn off beta updates.

4. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

5. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately that won't work for the 4K anymore.

6. FarmerBob macrumors regular

FarmerBob

I'm a Beta Tester and I agree that the first two releases were bad. But if you update to the third, things should smooth out nicely. It did on mine . . .

The latest iOS releases on my MBP and ATV4K have been so squirrelly, that I am no longer doing Beta testing.