Accidentally bought Lion!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cricketman, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Cricketman macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I bought a MBP last week and got the BTS 100$ credit to the Mac App store. I knew that I would be entitled to a free upgrade to Lion and thought - stupidly - that it would somehow 'know' that when downloading it from the app store directly.

I downloaded Lion, rather it is still downloading, and my credit is now down to 68$. Any way I can 'return' this and get the free upgrade?

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

There is a way to contact Apple through the App Store. I did after buying iPhoto 11, and the whole install went Joisey on me. Apple refunded my money via a credit in the App Store.
    I'm sure if you contact Apple and nicely explain what happened, they will check it out and make it right by you as well.

3. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

I'm not sure if my download is working in the first place. It has been a solid 30 mins and there isn't any blue at all underneath the little lion thingy. Is there any place I can check the actual percentage or the time remaining or anything?

Sorry for being such a noob

NVM found it- under purchased tab in the app store.

4. dumb macrumors member

edit: ^ Did not read the fact you'd already figured it out

5. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

don't you have to DL first before you get it for free? Im not sure as I had to get it for the $30 price, but It may be more of a rebate then a free DL. Again I do not now but just thought I would offer some kind of response.