Accidentally called emergency services

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by purpleparrotuk, Oct 25, 2018.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

My husband removed his series 4 last night to put on the charger. Just as he did it we got a bit of a shock when we heard “what service do you require, police, ambulance” etc. He had to apologise for the mistake. There is no way he held the power button in and swiped that you need to activate this. Anyone else ever done it?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It happens. At least he did not panic And hang up on the dispatcher, which would have summoned the Police to your front door.

3. Civil Engineer macrumors member

It has happened to me twice. Neither time did it call, but it was waiting on my response when i saw it.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

My AW4 triggered when putting clean sheets on the bed! Do not remember even banging it on anything. Beware.

5. MacCheeseLai macrumors member

MacCheeseLai

It happened to me when I was cleaning it last week. Thankfully I hadn’t paired it to the phone yet. So I shut the sos feature off in the app.

6. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

I'm getting lots of false positives. Today I was just washing dishes when it triggered. Previously I've had it happen several times by clapping while watching a football game. Yard work, like hoeing or digging always triggers it but I can understand those.