Accidentally changed office for mac icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mickey24, Apr 26, 2011.

1. mickey24 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just bought my first mac, and I'm still trying to learn all the basics. I was customizing the dock, putting in stacks, and changing the icons for the folders when I accidentally changed the black folder Office for Mac icon from Finder into the MS Word icon. How can I change it back to the original icon? Anyone know where the icon folder for Office is located?

Thanks in advance!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. simsaladimbamba

It also often helps to just open the Get Info window of the affected folder/file and clicking on the small icon on the top left of the window, that way it has a blue line around it. Then press the Delete button above the Enter key.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Sjust get it fro mthe reinstall disc, my advice is to get an app called candy bar it organizes your icons, dock and other customizations and will restore them if u mess up. I used to do it manually but candy bar is much easier.

5. mickey24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I'm not on my mac right now, but I'll try them out later. Yeah, I've also read a lot about candybar when I was searching for solutions to this problem. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks!