accidentally deleted a note from my iphone...please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psywzrd, Sep 4, 2014.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

So I had one note in my "Notes" app and I somehow deleted it (not sure when, how, etc.). Since I'm not sure when I deleted it, I don't want to restore from an itunes backup because I'm not even sure that any of my recent backups will even contain the note; however, I do use TimeMachine to backup my computer so I'm hoping that I still have the note somewhere in one of my old backups.

Is there any way that I can explore the old backups and look for the note in there? The note contains some information that is very important to me and I really need to get it back.

2. JenniferStevens macrumors newbie

You can try a third-party utility tool to see if the deleted notes are in one of your backup files before restoring. Decipher BackupBrowser has a free trial which might help you see what notes are stored in any older iTunes backups on your computer.

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you for the reply. I ended up using Time Machine to restore an old backup and then I used iPubsoft iPhone Backup Extractor to retrieve the note from that backup. Thank God I use Time Machine or the note would have been lost forever. Now that I know I can't trust the Notes app, I have copied that info into Roboform to ensure that I don't lose it permanently.