Accidentally deleted Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ebouwman, Jul 8, 2008.

1. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

I happened to delete address book, don't ask why, but how do i get it back off of the install disk without re installing osx completely.

I've tried popping in the disk and doing the custimized install option, but it didn't give me the option for address book.

2. fwhh macrumors regular

Guess you are running Leopard.
    Open the terminal (Applications->Utilities).
    Insert the Mac OS X DVD
    Type:
    Code:
    open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages/

and there you go...
    You may have to adjust the "Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD" part to the exact name of the Mac OS X DVD name. Remember, that in terminal you have to use "\ " (backslash+space) to make a space in a volumename/filename.
    Good Luck.

3. ebouwman thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually i still have tiger, i just haven't gotten around to getting leopard.

Er- Now i haven't used terminal much at all really. So do i just type that in and it'll install or is there more i would have to do?

4. ebouwman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, never mind, i've got it now, i should have just read the command and i would have understood

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

See here.

Just pop in your Tiger disc, select the Optional Installs package, select Address Book, and install!

6. ebouwman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, now i feel stupid. I kept on looking at that window that pops up when i poped in the disk, and it didn't even occur to me to scroll down to find it.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Don't feel stupid, it's a dumb window that pops up, I always had to look at it in list view and I couldn't figure out why some options didn't show up in icon view. Very, very annoying.