Accidentally deleted all my photos in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IBradMac, Jul 25, 2010.

1. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I was trying to clear up some space on my Mac after I noticed I only had about 10 gb left on my hd. Then I opened iPhoto and it asked what library I wanted to load. None of my pics came up.

I have time machine and back up regularly. My question is- how to find that backup file/folder. What is it called?

Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The iPhoto Library file, called "iPhoto Library", is stored under Macintosh HD (name of the volume Mac OS X is installed on) / Users / YOU / Pictures / iPhoto / iPhoto Library.

3. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Ok, first go into users on your mac, navigate to pictures and see if there is a file called "iPhoto library" This should be a large, and old file.

If the file's date of creation is today or the day you deleted things, delete it, then you will have to navigate to this file on your time machine, put it in your pictures folder and double click it.

4. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

When I search finder all I can find in iPhoto Library is acknowledgements.

I am lost. :eek:

5. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I do not see such a file.

6. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

At that point, click on the time machine icon near top right and enter time machine. Then start navigating back in time (right hand side of the time machine screen) until it appears. If you know it was there say 2 days ago, go directly to that point. Once you see it, click on it once, then click "restore" (bottom right)