Accidentally deleted DVD player on Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bret27, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Bret27 macrumors member

Can anyone help with restoring it? It's gone from the trash too. I downloaded and installed it from Apple's site but when I try to use it a box appears that says this-"DVD player quit unexpectedly."

Thanks

2. lyons238 macrumors 6502

3. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Well, I'm not sure how you can get the DVD player back, but you can download VLC, which is a app that allows you to play DVDs just as good as the Apple DVD player.

You can download the VLC player free here: http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/mac/download

Good luck, any problems just post back here!

4. Bret27 thread starter macrumors member

I don't know. Can I just insert the Applications cd? That won't bring it back?

5. Bret27 thread starter macrumors member

K, thanks

6. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

True, that might work. Try that before the VLC player download. I haven't used the applications CD since the OS9 days on OS9, never on OSX yet. It should contain all the apps though, and if it doesn't try copying it off another Mac. And if all that fails try downloading the VLC player.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use Pacifist to extract DVD Player from your install DVD 1, as DVD 2 stores iLife and the content for the templates.

Also MRoogle is quite a good tool to get answers to such questions as "how to get back application I accidentally deleted?", as they get askes and answered every week or so.