Accidentally deleted Messages thread

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by boston04and07, Jul 14, 2015.

1. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I was just in Messages and accidentally swiped to delete a threat...whoops. I've accidentally done this on my Mac before, and when I did, the full conversation thread came back when I started a new conversation with the same person. When I started a new conversation with the same person on my iPad, it came up totally black - the message history wasn't preserved. Does anyone know of a way to get this back? The thread is still seemingly intact on my Mac and iPhone.

Slightly OT, but I wish they wouldn't make these threads so easy to accidentally delete...or at least give you the option of restoring conversations when you do...

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Restoring from a backup is the only way I can think of.

3. afsnyder macrumors 65816

The Mac has an option called "Save history when conversations are closed" that could be carried over to iOS.

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I could be wrong but I don't think it does, I have done this before where I have deleted a thread on my iPhone, started a new one and the history would show up but then when I close the app or lock the iPhone and go back into it, it doesn't show the history like it did when I created a new thread, it just show's the history on other devices.

5. TETENAL macrumors member