Accidentally deleted my factory color profile

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jason4427, Dec 5, 2013.

1. jason4427 macrumors member

So I admit... I'm stupid... and I haven't even backed up my machine yet so I can't recover what I lost. I accidentally deleted my factory color profile on my brand new 13" Haswell MacBook Air. I'd put a bunch of profiles in the folder and when deleting... deleted the wrong one. Now I can't use the calibration tool. Can anyone post or email me their factory profile? My machine is a 13" with an LG screen. Disappointed the screen can't do better reds, but I knew that going in. I'd actually bought a retina macbook pro and returned it because using it in scaled resolution hurt my eyes (I wanted the usable area that the Air has). It gave me too much eyestrain (disappointed). Can't win em all. Grrr. Thanks in advance!

I think the Air at the current resolution with an IPS screen would probably be perfect!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://dropcanvas.com/8t09p

Here is the contents of the below folder in a ZIP. This is from Mavs on my 2013 13" MBA.

/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

3. jason4427 thread starter macrumors member

This wasn't what I was looking for as I needed what was in the Displays folder, but it turned out it restored automatically upon restart. Thank you!