Accidentally deleted Photos app

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mechanicalbirds, Jan 21, 2008.

1. mechanicalbirds macrumors newbie

on my jailbroken ipod touch, i was playing around with mobilefinder and somehow the photos app disappeared. i'm not sure what the name of it was, and i don't need the photos back, but is there a way i can get back the actual app? via installer or otherwise? for now, i only have music, videos and iTunes on the bottom dock. any help would be appreciated!

2. Darkjenso macrumors regular

in short, no lol, the only way is to do a restore

although maybe someone will upload the app, i may do if i have the time

3. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

4. mechanicalbirds thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ndro777 macrumors newbie

I did the same, believe it or not!
    I've uploaded the supplied APP file but everytime I start the photo, it's not doing anything, just a blank screen and eventually go back to home screen.

mechanicalbirds, did you do anything else after upload?

6. mechanicalbirds thread starter macrumors newbie

well i downloaded the app to my macbook. then i SSH'd it to where the other apps are located on my ipod touch (inside Library in the Finder). that's really all i did. i hope you can fix yours.

7. ndro777 macrumors newbie

I found out what I did wrong! I was using Windows at work when I ssh'd the first time. Went home, undid that and redo with Mac, works like a charm!:)

Thanks mechanicalbirds for your response!

8. akiMcniro macrumors newbie

Phew!!

I did it again, always have the itch to play around with buttons that killed my software. But hey Dude, thanks a bunch! You save me this time, thanks for the upload xXriderXx7. The installation works!

9. vilz macrumors newbie

how to upload app?

I'm a windows user...i have the same problem as in my photos app disappeared. I'm not sure if the entire app is gone or just the icon. Mechanicalbird how do i upload the app into my ipod touch? i've reverted mine to a jailbroken 1.1.4...please help! thanks!!!

10. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Hey sorry to ask all, but I managed to do the same thing, only with my weather app.

Realllllly don't want to have to go through a restore again, would anyone be kind enough to upload it for me?

Cheeeeeers :eek:

11. Claytybob macrumors member

Claytybob

Guys! Hey, You Don't Have to Do All This! On a Mac Just Get The Lastest Firmware, download it, change the name from .ipsw => .zip and unzip it (seems if it is actually a zip file!) (Skip this next step on mac) download some kind of software to open .dmg s on Windows, Next Open That Folder and Mount the Disk Image Ending in 1, After That, Just Go Into /Applications in That Disk Image! If You Do Not Want to Go Through All That Work Just PM Me and I will Give you The File, Also Weather.app is too big to upload, but leme Give You a Direct Link to it http://ibooklive.info/weather.app.zip
    if That don't work Try This ftp://ibooklive.info/weather.app.zip

They are Actually 2 Different Files,
    Hope This helps!
    Clayton

12. jacktiernan macrumors regular