Accidentally deleted Preview -- Need it back

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Empanada9, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Empanada9 macrumors newbie

Hey All,

Relatively new to Mac. Accidentally deleted Preview from my Macbook Pro. Sorta a bummer in terms of viewing PDFs and other image files. Have searched Apple.com but haven't been able to find a place to download the program and reinstall. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You should be able to reinstall it from you Mac OS X install disk that came with your Mac.

3. Empanada9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don't have the disc and won't have access to it for a few more days. Any place I can download the program?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Preview is part of Leopard. To my knowledge, it is not offered separately.

5. Empanada9 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

Is it still in the Trash?

Or go into your Applications folder and open Time Machine and navigate back to before you deleted Preview. (I presume you have backups)

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

8. Empanada9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Time Machine was a no-go because I just had to send my external back to Lacie to get fixed. But I'm downloading the copy that PowerFullMac uploaded. Thanks so much to all of you!

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Happy to help! :)

10. blackoutro macrumors newbie

i did the same and need it too

hey i also deleted my preview app but seeing as my mac is second hand i do not have access to the installer disk so i would really appreciate it if you could also send me the preview app please.

my email is/: jetstream_07@hotmail.co.uk

11. eim31 macrumors newbie

Accidentally deleted the Preview App. on my macbook!

So when I opened a PDF the other day it opened in ColorSync. ColorSync is not Preview. This is a problem. Pictures don't open in it either. I looked in my applications folder, and Preview was missing. I can't get it back through my trash or through time machine or anything. How can I get it back?! I am a college student and it is important that I get this application back in order to download certain files from professors. Please help! E-mail me at eim31@yahoo.com also in case.