Accidentally deleted text messages, please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blum, Sep 14, 2014.

1. blum macrumors newbie

I accidentally deleted my text messages on my iPhone from a past conversation. I don't have a recent back up so that is out of the question. However, my imessage is linked from my iPhone to my macbook. On my macbook messages, I still have the whole conversation. I was wondering if there was a way I could possibly resync my iPhone and my macbook to get the old messages back or if there are any other solutions. Any help is appreciated!

2. jerzeykidd macrumors member

the nudes are gone bro...sorry

3. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Don't quote me on this, but if you check your settings in Messages.. what does it say? (Keep messages for a Year, Forever or whatever it says)..

To me, that signals that they're still in the cloud. If you've recently backed up your phone , [don't hold me to it].. but I'd reset all settings and start from that backup again.

4. blum thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have my iPhone set up to back up on the cloud unfortunately. The thing is I accidentally swiped to the left and deleted the messages on my phone. But I still have the messages on my macbook because they are synced. Is there a way to sync my iphone to the what my macbook messages have?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hate when that happens and I didn't get to save them on my computer:D