accidentally deleted windows bootcamp partition

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GregUofMN, Jun 12, 2008.

1. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Hi--
    I was trying to increase my windows partition and I accidentally deleted my windows partition using the bootcamp assistant. Is there a way to bring it back with all of my data??? I use the windows side for work and I'm f'ed if I can't.

Please help.

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I'm almost positive there is no way to get it back. From my knowledge, you can't increase the boot camp partition, you have to start all over.

3. tsvb macrumors 6502

You may be able to find the data with some sort of recovery software but if the partition was deleted then you will never be able to restore it the way is was.

4. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

aswell, when i was going through the boot camp procedure, it said in the instructions that if you ever want to increase the windows partition you have to back everyting up, delete it, and start all over.

5. GregUofMN thread starter macrumors regular

A Genius Bar employee recommended this local, big-wig data recovery place. He said when the last space shuttle exploded, they brought the black box to this place to decifer the info. So I brought it there and hope to have some good news early next week.

6. GregUofMN thread starter macrumors regular

Moral of the story is...

Don't try to rush through an important software change if you're not really sure if it will work and especially don't do it if it doesn't have your complete, undivided attention. I was trying to do two things at once at work and just skimmed through the pop-ups that appeared on the screen.

I know it is one of those things that you don't think that you would ever do, but it happens when you least expect it.

7. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Firstly, no, I don't see any way for the OP to recover his deleted partition unfortunately.

There are ways to increase the size of the Boot Camp partition. I do so by backing up the partition I want to enlarge using Winclone. Then I delete the old partition, create a new larger one and restore the image of the old one to it.