Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A1SteakSauce

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
In the finder window on the left hand side there are three purple (smart) folders. I accidentally dragged the "All Images" folder off which makes it poof. I have all the images in a normal folder but how can I put them into a smart folder and put them back with the other two. I put the folder with the images in a smart folder and then put the smart folder back but I still have to go through All Images (SF)>Image Folder (I made)> images

Can I get it back to the original way All Images (SF)>images?

SF=Smart Folder

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I'm confused. Is every image on your computer now in one folder? that's probably not good. Anyway just file>> new smart folder >> then hit the add button in the top right hand corner>> kind >> images>> save. Then drag that folder to the sidebar.

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
1) don't panic
2) click finder (top left)
3) click preferences
4) check the 'all images' box

It is just a link to all the images on your mac, it doesn't actually contain your images. it's similar to smart mailboxes in mail, or playlists in itunes. :apple:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Go to System>Library>Core Services>Finder. Then look at the contents of Finder>Contents>Resources>Canned Searches. There you will find the images smart folder. Copy it to your sidebar.

windowpain's option is easier. I'm just used to digging into the system.

wuyuuce

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2010
I have problems for the folder All Images

Every time when I open the All Images folder, It says the operation can't be completed. I don't know what's going on and I see the info about this folder. It is no version and it's just 4kb. But the folder All Moives has version 1.1and it's 90kb
how can I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.