Accidentally enabled multi-touch gestures on iOS 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by uiop., Jun 21, 2011.

1. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I am so confused. Two days ago, I plugged my iPad into my MacBook Pro. While it was syncing, I accidentally opened xCode while doing a Spotlight search for another application that begins with an "x". Some error message popped up in xCode, and I closed the application as I had opened it by mistake. Fast forward to today. I was playing with Gravitarium2 on my iPad, an app that responds to up to 10 fingers. I put 5 fingers on the screen and dragged them around and suddenly the multitasking bar came up. "What on earth? Is this a feature of the app?" I thought. I navigated over to settings, and sure enough, the multi-touch gestures setting was showing. How in the heck did this happen without applying ANY code/hacks to the device? They were just enabled by launching xCode for 15 seconds, if that.

I'm not a registered developer, but I was at one time over a year ago with my iPhone 3GS. Which is why I have xCode on my MBP. I'm not upset, I just don't get it.

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

You can turn them off in settings, should you feel the urge.

3. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Right, and I don't want to as I seem to enjoy the gestures the more I use them. But I'm just beyond befuddled as to how they got enabled in the first place. I did a google search and it seems like it's fairly involved to get then enabled.

4. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

It's not really that involved...you just have to have your iPad plugged in, and when you're in XCode, you select the iPad as a developer device. I'm not sure exactly what all you did when XCode opened, but it sounds like that's what happened.