Accidentally got Macbook with Samsung 95CB screen. can i return it to the PX?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macbethfan, Jan 4, 2010.

1. macbethfan macrumors member

Hello, I'm a Marine stationed in Okinawa Japan. I bought my first Macbook yesterday and realized that I made a mistake. I bought the one that has the defective Samsung 95CB screen and I want one with the LG 95CF screen. If i return the Macbook to the PX do you think they will let me open and check other units to find one with this particular screen or is it gonna be a luck of the draw again. I wouldn't mind even having the display unit if they let me have it. I know J&JPolangin should be able to help me with this question. I noticed that he's in Japan and he's mentioned the PX before. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

What exactly is defective with the 95CB (or is it 9C5B?) screens? I haven't heard anything about bad screens on the new model MacBooks and MacBook Pros aside from some purple hueing issues with the first run of Pros.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes, I have not heard of any screen issues with the newest gen MB (the white ones). The screens are likely to be the same crap screens they tried to toss into the first Alu MBs back in 10/2008. If that is the case the screens are crap but "within spec" as Apple will say. Now, if that screen were in a 13" MBP today then yes, that's an issue as the screens were quietly replaced/upgraded whatever you'd like to call it.

Also, you did not make a mistake in getting a MB with that panel as there is no real way to tell which panel you have when you make your purchase nor can you specify what you want.

4. lha72 macrumors member

Ask the PX

Why don't you ask the PX? They would be able to tell you if you can return the Macbook. Also, don't buy from the PX/BX, they are a rip-off, you can beat their prices at many other places, including the Apple site - click on the Government Store section of the Apple site and compare their prices to those of the PX/BX.

Good Luck

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The new white unibody MacBook screens are actually pretty darn good...on par with the 13" MBP panels in my experience.

6. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I think much better then my 13" MBP

7. macbethfan thread starter macrumors member

I was able to return it. It was a mid-2009 model (the one right before the new redesign) I took it back and I'm just gonna wait for the new MBP's when they're updated again.