Accidentally left my car! (Rant, my own stupidity)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Nov 22, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I usually take the bus to get to places a few times a week, so I do not have to drive my car.

I drove my car to the mall, I had forgotten that I did so, and took the bus home. The bus runs on a reduced service on Sundays (meaning now the buses stopped and there is no bus for me to get back to my car)....now I am without my car! :mad:

Life lesson learned, next time I should remember whether I took the bus someplace or drove there, at least I can actually say I "misplaced the car :D)" I feel so stupid, but I was too tired to think straight I guess. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, but I have to catch the 5:30AM bus in order to get the car, and make it to school on time! Gah!

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Dude, I've so done that before. :eek: Nothing worse than the panic of seeing an empty driveway. Well, there is... it's the ride/walk of shame back to your car.:eek:

EDIT: For me it's genetic. My father left his studio to jump in the car to come home at lunch. The car wasn't there. Thinking back, the last place he remembered driving to was the bank. He walks to the bank, and there it was, parked in front. Idling. For four hours.

In case it wasn't obvious, he lives in a small town.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    LOL that is funny. I am so lame, I can actually say that I've never ridden a public bus. :( I bought a car instead.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol ive done that with my bike numerous times

once i biked somwhere then walked back with friends and toally could not find my bike for like 2 months

sucked

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    And you found your bike chained up somewhere two months later?

6. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea, it was back when i was in college

used to always ride to campus and stuff

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't worry, the theft crews are likely only "practicing" right now.

A car left overnight during the holidays at the mall will likely only be stolen or have the windows broken out and ransacked.

Edit: oops, didn't want to scare you, and you probably didn't park at Arizona Mills anyhow.

9. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I split between taking the train and driving to work. I sometimes have to think if I drove or not. I haven't left my car, yet. It would suck if I drove to work, took the train home and have no car to get home from the station.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

This is just more proof that malls are evil. They empty your wallet and confuse you so much in the process that you forget your mode of transportation. What a diabolical scheme. :D

12. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

I have a friend who reported his car stolen after a dinner out on a Friday night. He bought a BRAND NEW car--naturally, the very the next day the police called to tell him they had found his car, parked on the next block over from where he thought he left it! :rolleyes:

13. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

14. Gregg2 macrumors 603

At least you could get home easily. I park 5 miles from home, then jump on the bus. If I forget that I drove all the way, I'd get back to the lot and my car wouldn't be there!!! I hope that never happens to me, especially in winter!