Accidentally ordered low res screen... How long do returns take?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wastedminutes, Apr 13, 2010.

1. wastedminutes macrumors newbie

wastedminutes

I've been waiting for these Arrandale 15" MBPs since December '09, and in my excitement and haste I didn't assess all the options when I ordered my new laptop. I ordered the base 15" model with no changes to it, but I really need the high-res screen. 3 questions for you lovely people:

1) Once I get the laptop, I could return it and change it for a one with the hi-res screen. How long does it usually take to return a Macbook Pro and get a new one back again?

2) If, once I recieve the laptop, I drove to my nearest Apple Store (about 60 miles away- I'm in UK), could I simply hand them my unopened laptop and ask for an exchange for one with a hi-res screen?

3) I noticed a hi-res, anti-glare option. Does anybody know if the anti-glare option still has that ugly grey surround?

Thanks very much in advance. Also, to those involved in the Waiting for Arrandale Threads, thanks for keeping me entertained throughout.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can still change it if it hasn't shipped yet. Simply call Apple and have your order number near you and you can change it for free (of course you have to pay for the extra it costs)

3. PAC88 macrumors 6502

call right away and see if you can modify your order still so you don't have to go through the return process.

the silver bezel around the screen will most likely be on the anti glare model.. I think it looks better than the black but that's my opinion.

4. wastedminutes thread starter macrumors newbie

wastedminutes

I forgot to mention I tried that on Apple's website. Apparently it's already been prepared for shipping.

If I phoned would they help, do you think?
    Thanks

5. sth macrumors 6502a

Just try it.
    I'd recommend not wasting more time.