Accidentally placed 2 orders for 1 phone, which to cancel?

acrahm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Hey everyone,

as the title states I accidentally ordered 2 iphones last night for 1 line. I was lucky enough to get on att's order page 5 min before midnight and placed an order through them. I honestly didn't trust it and thought I would get some type of "sorry we had to cancel your order" email because of getting in before midnight. So i did the apple reservation thing, got the email this morning and placed that order.

Both have the 11/3 delivery (i know i got lucky on that too!) But not sure which one to cancel, the att next one or apple upgrade one? the apple care thing doesnt make a difference to me. Im worried I cancel one, and the other gets canceled from the company (att or apple)

Any thoughts?

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
AUP is more flexible than AT&T Next for next year. AUP allows you to switch carriers while Next is locked to AT&T. I would not wait to long or someone other than you will cancel one of them.

Just make sure your Apple AUP is has a W order number and order status has moved past any items that require your action.

Dave

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I'd keep it the way it is, if you have the money, then send one back, or sell it like enduro0125 said.

I'd be afraid they'd cancel both if you canceled one.

acrahm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
AUP is more flexible than AT&T Next for next year. AUP allows you to switch carriers while Next is locked to AT&T. I would not wait to long or someone other than you will cancel one of them.

Just make sure your Apple AUP is has a W order number and order status has moved past any items that require your action.

Dave
Thanks,

AUP order has an W and i already got emails from citizensone about the loan and logged into that account.
I think ill cancel the ATT one