Accidentally synced post jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j4mbo, May 16, 2010.

1. j4mbo macrumors newbie

How can I go back to a sync about half an hour ago? I just jailbroke for the first time using spirit and would like to undo it but keep all my photos/contacts/texts etc.

Apologies if this is a totally dumb question!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

If I understood properly you want to reverse the jailbrake and recover your old iPhone status.

If you have an old backup in iTunes with all the data you want ot have, then just do a regular restore and then recover from the back up you want to go back.

The photos and contacts can be synced/copied to your computer even the phone is jailbroken, so you should not loose any of it if you indeed copy them to your computer.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore the phone, setup as new, and sync

or

If you didn’t sync contacts, etc. then restore the phone from a backup and sync your media.

4. j4mbo thread starter macrumors newbie

Does iTunes save multiple backups per device or does it only save the most recent sync? How would I be able to choose which to sync to?

I did a restore to the most recent sync and it had Cydia and Rock etc still in my phone. I'm worried if I restore to default, then sync, it will just go back to jailbroken. Or is it impossible to sync to a jailbroken version?

Thanks guys

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just do DFU mode restore as new then put your contacts/apps/music/etc back from there good as new. just fwi the sticky at the top explains all this.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Chek in iTunes what back ups you have.

Check in iTunes -> Preferences -> Devices -> iPhone -> a list of all the back up states you have.

There you can delete the ones you don't want to keep.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since no one answered you, it is impossible to restore to a jailbroken phone.