accidentally updated girlfriends unlocked tmobile 3g iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by carlos028, Oct 26, 2009.

1. carlos028 macrumors newbie

I accidentally updated her unlocked 3g iphone so i tried researching the situation to fix it which has taken me hours and two days now. So the current situation is that it got restored and updated to the newest iphone update i suppose, it would then only make emergency calls, i put it in dfu mode and tried restoring it to 3.0 and 3.1 ispw with the option+restore but it i would get errors. now i cant take it off dfu, i researched how to take off the dfu and did it, but the apple icon would just show up every ten secs and nothing happened. now it only has the itunes connect to usb image. I AM IN DESPERATE NEED HERE. Pease help, i would greatly appreciate it

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything we can do to help you. The baseband you've updated to can't be unlocked (yet, anyway) to T-Mobile.

Maybe she needs a replacement phone and a replacement boyfriend :p

Only joking!!

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I concur.

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

You will be able to get it jailbroken on 3.1. But unlocking can't be done yet as you updated the baseband which can not be reverted yet.

5. carlos028 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha yea i figured that was what happened. whats up with some articles about how you can downgrade your firmware from 5.11.07 to 4.26.08? is that only because you first jailbroke/unlocked it using a certain program?

Im trying to jailbreak right now using pwnage, but it the program wont let me saying i have the wrong bundle?

thanks by the way

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I didn't notice you had a 3G not a 3GS. Its possible that if it has the right bootloader on it you can use fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4491

I would first try using pwnagetool to get it jailbroken at 3.1.2. then see if fuzzy band will work.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Well, at least it's better than accidentally getting her pregnant.:D

Hope you can figure it out......

8. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but I find it funny to see these weekly posts of "accidentally updating"... I mean, really? How does one "accidentally" update? iTunes doesn't trick you or anything.

Is it just people who are like "Oh, I can update, nothing will happen. I'll still be able to use my unlocked phone, no problem!" or is it something else?

Please enlighten... :D

9. carlos028 thread starter macrumors newbie

she asked me to put music on it, to be honest, i have a bb storm, and i dont know much about unlocked phones, but she had told me it was unlocked before but it didnt hit me till after i had already updated what the outcome would be

this is true haha thanks

10. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Buga. Hopefully we can sort it out. If the bootloader is the right version then maybe you can revert the baseband.

11. carlos028 thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome man thanks, so after i jailbreak it, i simply try using fuzzyband, and it will tell me if its possible or not, and if not i just have to wait for the dev team to crack the code to unlock with firmware 5.11.07?

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sounds about right. Oh, and don't forget to buy your girlfriend a new phone if fuzzyband doesn't work out, since you may be waiting a long time... :D

13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Heres what I dont understand. How do SO MANY people:

Plug phone in
    Read and acknowledge theres an update before researching
    Click Update
    Wait...and probably worry
    Suffer.

Thats such a long process to ACCIDENTALLY do.

14. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

The process of starting the update is short actually. Once its started you aren't about to stop it.....

It happens not everyone reads these forums 24/7. :p

15. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You either buy her another unlocked 3G, or no sex for you.